Have a Holly Jolly TUBA CHRISTMAS!

Meagan Marstellar

Heather Inglis, Co Editor-in-Chief

A yearly tradition at HHS is for some of Hubbard School District’s most talented low brass players to participate in the Eastwood Mall’s annual tuba Christmas Concert. Held on December 3rd, 2011, in the Target Concourse of the Eastwood Mall, for its 13th year, over one hundred of the valley’s best tuba, euphonium, and trombone players gathered to perform Christmas songs for mall goers during their Christmas shopping.

From Hubbard High School, there were four tuba players who participated: Seniors Addison Agler, Nathan Cummings, and Conner Spiech; and Sophomore Jerry Deets. Also from the high school were two euphonium players, Junior Emily Reed and Freshman Maddie Marstellar. It wasn’t just high schoolers who preformed in the event, however; there were middle school students as well! In the tuba line up were eighth graders Michael Lickner and Mo Rasoul; the two euphonium players were eighth grader Kyle Freeland and seventh grader Allison Patrick, and the sole trombone who participated from Hubbard was eighth grader Andrew Summers. Let’s not forget Hubbard’s very own conductor Mr. Daniel Nestich who was there as well… playing his euphonium. Don’t worry band members, he remembered his horn that day.

Be sure to check out this successful and entertaining holiday show next year!