The Summer I Turned Pretty: Is It As Good As It Is Said To Be?

Aubrey Harris, Freshman Staff Writer

Is The Summer I Turned Pretty as good as it is said to be, or is it overrated?  A majority of people say that The Summer I Turned Pretty is a great show.  Addison Sarisky states, “The Summer I Turned Pretty is by far one of the best T.V. series I have watched.  It always keeps you interested in what will happen next.”  However, there are those who think that the show isn’t all that it is said to be.  Skylar Jordan states, “It is not my favorite show because it is boring and there is a lot of romance.”

The Summer I Turned Pretty is about a teenage girl, Belly, who has gone to Susannah, her mom’s best friend’s, summer house.  She has gone to the summer house since before she could remember. During all of those summers, Belly and her brother, Steven, had gotten a chance to get close with Susannah’s sons, Jeremiah and Conrad.  With all of this time together, Belly has developed a crush on Conrad.  However, he has not seen her like that, at least not until this summer.  When Belly gets to the summer house, the boys start looking at her differently.  Conrad and Jeremiah both look at her like she’s more than a friend.  However, Belly’s crush on Conrad starts to disappear when she sees Cam, a boy she originally met at an old Latin convention, at a party.  Belly then starts to become a debutante, at the request of Susannah.  After a while, Belly’s feelings start coming back for Conrad, when they almost kiss, so she calls things off with Cam.  However, Conrad acts as if nothing ever happened.  Jeremiah eventually confesses to Belly that he likes her.  Now, Belly has to pick who will be escorting her to the debutante ball.  In the end who will Belly pick, Jeremiah or Conrad?

Is the show as good as it is said to be, or is it overrated?  Now it’s your turn to decide.