Avengers: Infinity War is Successful as Summer Smash

Anthony Trobek, Junior Staff Writer

This summer was jam-packed full of amazing films. There were several highly anticipated sequels such as Deadpool 2, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Ant-Man, The Wasp, and Incredibles 2, among many others. None of these films, however, were as successful nor as adored by fans as much as the third installment of Marvel’s Avengers.

Avengers: Infinity War shows almost all of the MCU’s (Marvel Comic Universe) most powerful heroes, both new and old, as come together in an attempt to defeat the Mad Titan himself, Thanos. Thanos is on a mission to save mankind, and he believes the only way to do this is by collecting all six infinity stones and erasing half of all life in the entire universe. The fate of Earth and existence itself has never been so uncertain, and it’s up to the Avengers and their allies to protect the universe – by any means necessary.

This film is exactly what Marvel Studios needed to regain some legitimacy in the film industry, according to an article on TheVerge.com. The article, written by Bryan Bishopp, says: “The long-awaited face-off between the Avengers and Thanos, the MCU’s ultimate big bad, is massively entertaining, deftly incorporating dozens of characters across multiple storylines with a kinetic flair. Its devotion to banter and one-liners makes it one of the funniest movies in the studio’s history, but it’s also a film where very bad things happen to good people. After years of movies where even the most mediocre heroes appeared to be invulnerable and indomitable, it’s an arresting jolt — and exactly the film the franchise needed.” When asked about his thoughts on the film, junior Dean Esmail said, “I thought the ending was very unpredictable, but it was still one of the best movies I have ever watched.”

One of the thrilling qualities about this movie is that it leaves every viewer in suspense,  impatiently waiting for more. Luckily, the answers will come when the fourth and final Avengers movie is released in May 2019. Even though the movie still remains untitled, it’s easily one of the most highly anticipated movies soon to come. Anthony Gagliardi, a sophomore here at Hubbard High, is eagerly anticipating the new movie’s release. He says, “I can’t wait to see if all of Thanos’ chaos can be undone. I want to see how the universe can go back to normal.” Whether or not you are a fan of the MCU or just superheroes in general, you will not be disappointed if you decide to watch Avengers: Infinity War.

Source: https://www.theverge.com/2018/4/24/17276030/avengers-infinity-war-review-marvel-iron-man

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4154756/

Anthony Trobek, JuniorStaff Writer

A.J. Trobek is currently a junior at Hubbard High School. During his second year as a Hub Staff member, A.J. hopes he is able to express his fondness...

• Avengers: Infinity War is Successful as Summer Smash

Movies

Cinema Scares Come to Life

Arts & Entertainment

Kingsman: The Golden Circle: “First Time Satire, Second Time Farce”

Arts & Entertainment

Get Out: Thrills, Terror and Twists

Movies

Dr. Strange: Mysticism, Magic and Marvel

Arts & Entertainment

September Movie Smash Review

Movies

Upcoming Movie Highlights

Arts & Entertainment

The Visit: A Suspenseful View, Surprisingly

Movies

Mockingjay Movie Review

Arts & Entertainment

“Blown Away” by Country Star

Arts & Entertainment

Gatsby: The Symbolism You didn’t quite Catch