Fall Flavors that Tempt our Tastebuds

Lena Dunkerley, Sophomore Staff Writer

What comes to your mind when you think of fall? Is it the strong smell of turkey as a family sits around the table at Thanksgiving? Or maybe the race to get candy from door-to-door on Halloween? Maybe it’s going apple picking with the family at White House Fruit Farms on the weekends. Or perhaps it’s ordering DD Pumpkin Spice coffee?  One common denominator out of all these memories is the seasonal food that becomes so very popular during this time.

The Huffington Post recently published a ranking of the 22 must-try foods for this fall.  Consider some of these: coming in as their least popular choice was spaghetti squash, ranked at 22, followed immediately by caramel apples. Other seasonal favorites mentioned were hot apple cider, apple cider donuts, and apples in general, which were ranked at number one.  Locally however, students here preferred some different choices.  Here are the top five fall foods most HHS students relish before winter comes:

• One of the most classic fall snacks that everyone loves is pumpkin spice flavored drinks and snacks. It’s a staple at every local Starbucks and Dunkin’ Donuts. When asked his favorite fall food, Senior Aidan Hacker states, “Anything pumpkin spice; it’s the closest you can get to tasting the essence of fall.”  
  • Many people view turkey as their favorite fall food in correlation with the Thanksgiving holiday. Including Hubbard Senior Jenna Kelver, who exclaims,  “Turkey is definitely my favorite fall food, it’s warm and tastes so good!”  
  • Another seasonal treat enjoyed by those with a sweet tooth is candy corn, but  it is available only in the Autumn, so one has to make sure to stock up on this treat while it’s around! Gracie Bencetic, a sophomore, says, “I love candy corn, preferably the ones that are shaped like pumpkins that come in the mixed bags.”
  • Angelina Eusanio says, “My favorite fall food has to be pumpkin rolls, it is like a really tasty loaf of bread.” The pumpkin loaf and cream cheese icing tends to catch the attention of many teens.

Of course, you cannot possibly forget to include one of the most popular desserts on Thanksgiving, pumpkin pie. A large number  of Hubbard High School students agreed that this was their all time favorite fall indulgence. One thing is for sure: all of these foods are both delicious and enjoyable, and the help welcome all to the cozy comfort of autumn.

Source: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/best-fall-foods_us_57d6d365e4b06a74c9f5ba6e

• Fall Flavors that Tempt our Tastebuds

Features

Top Teen Shows at Hubbard High

• Fall Flavors that Tempt our Tastebuds

Features

Migos Concert Disappoints Many

• Fall Flavors that Tempt our Tastebuds

Features

Santa’s Secret Past

• Fall Flavors that Tempt our Tastebuds

Features

Ten Reasons You’re on the Naughty List

• Fall Flavors that Tempt our Tastebuds

Features

Christmas Movie Choices for HHS

• Fall Flavors that Tempt our Tastebuds

Features

Five Fun Fall Activities

• Fall Flavors that Tempt our Tastebuds

Features

The History of Halloween: Holiday Series Part I

• Fall Flavors that Tempt our Tastebuds

Features

X or 8: Which iPhone Appeals to You?

• Fall Flavors that Tempt our Tastebuds

Features

The Art of Beauty

• Fall Flavors that Tempt our Tastebuds

Features

Not Just Strong for a Girl….Just Strong

Fall Flavors that Tempt our Tastebuds