A Slice of Summer

Cailey Tingler, Senior Staff Writer

Everyone loves to go on vacation, whether it’s to experience culture, go to the beach, or explore wildlife. Sadly, summer break is over, but it is never too early to start planning for a new vacation for next year. U.S. News Travel online site mentions the following as the best summer vacation destinations for families.  The top three most popular are: Walt Disney World, Yellowstone, and the Grand Canyon, then other favorite locations include Yosemite, Ocean City and the Outer Banks.

Of course, no one would argue that one of the best vacation spots for families to enjoy is Walt Disney World. According to online sources, “Walt Disney World, which opened in 1971… covers nearly 25,000 acres featuring four theme parks, two water parks, twenty-seven themed resort hotels, nine non-Disney hotels, several golf courses, a camping resort, and other entertainment venues, including the outdoor shopping center at Disney Springs.” With a place like Disney Springs, visitors can buy all of their Walt Disney World souvenirs and enjoy delicious foods from restaurants as well as desserts from Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and the Chocolate Shop. Along with the normal Disney parks, there is Harry Potter World. Visitors can experience their own magical fantasy and ride the train to Hogwarts. HHS senior Sydney Stubrich says, “I loved the butterbeer, and the Gringotts Bank ride was really fun!”

Another amazing vacation destination is the Big Apple, New York City. It is the perfect place to go if a visitor wants museum opportunities such as the American Museum of Natural History or the  Metropolitan Museum of Art. There are also so many famous landmarks to see: the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, Times Square and Central Park, to name a few. Even if one chooses not to visit any museums or landmarks, there is always something to do. Senior Skylar Sakoyni says, “New York is one of the best places to go because you’re never bored. There’s constantly things going on and stuff to do, so you never feel out of place.”

If a family is looking for something more along the lines of the beach, besides considering Ocean City or the Outer Banks, another perfect place to go is Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Not only is there a beach, but visitors can go to Broadway at the Beach, Barefoot Landing, and the Market Common for shopping. If one prefers nature, be sure to stop by the Brookgreen Garden for a look at beautiful flowers, animals, sculptures, and artifacts.

At the end of the academic year, every student and his or her family deserve a well-earned break.  Be sure to consider one of these wonderful destinations as the next choice for an exciting summer vacation and an escape from books and schoolwork.

https://travel.usnews.com/rankings/best-family-vacations-in-the-usa/

https://www.themouseforless.com/walt-disney-world/

Cailey Tingler, Senior Staff Writer
Cailey Tingler is a first year HUB staff member and a senior at Hubbard High School. Cailey was thrilled to join the HUB because she loves writing about interesting topics and events, whether they concern school, community or the nation as a whole. Cailey hopes to hone her writing style by gaining experience through the...
  • A Slice of Summer

News

HHS Top Social Media Apps

• A Slice of Summer

News

Nike’s Decision Creates Protests

• A Slice of Summer

News

Mature Reflections on Change at HHS

• A Slice of Summer

News

What is a Blood Moon?

• A Slice of Summer

News

The Painful Truth about College Tuition

• A Slice of Summer

News

Words of Wisdom for Freshmen

• A Slice of Summer

News

Painted Parking Spaces Highlight Student Creativity

• A Slice of Summer

News

Five Ways Teen can become Financially Savvy

• A Slice of Summer

News

Set the High School Alarm on Snooze

• A Slice of Summer

News

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle: What the Monarchy Means to America

A Slice of Summer