HHS Top Social Media Apps

Back to Article
Back to Article

HHS Top Social Media Apps

Kaitlyn McCarthy, Junior Staff Writer

Social media is one of the most used and influential platforms of the teen and adult  generations. Each and every day, billions of people worldwide use social media to check on friends, post pictures, or even find answers to the nightly homework assignment. Social media is used so often, it’s hard to live and communicate without it. After surveying several students at Hubbard High School, a list was made to show the top-five most used social media platforms today.

Facebook began the social media craze and remains the most popular social media platform. According to statista.com, “Facebook receives activity from over 2.2 billion users monthly.” The second most popular social media site is Instagram. “I love seeing all the memes on my Instagram; they brighten up my day,” says junior Sydney Ford. Another extremely popular site is Twitter. This platform’s popularity has increased immensely due to President Trump’s constant tweets.  Sophomore Anna Pogacnik, says she loves Twitter basically because of Trump: ”I love reading all of his irrational tweets.” Twitter only continues to grow.

The fourth and fifth picks were very close, but Pinterest won by a thread for fourth place. “I use Pinterest for recipes, high quality pictures of my favorite music artists, and craft ideas,” says junior Abbey Hetmanski. Snapchat comes in as the fifth most used social media site, as it’s used mostly by older teenagers and young adults. “I enjoy Snapchat because it is a great way to capture the moments. Oh and the filters! Who doesn’t love the filters?” Said sophomore Marcus Lawrence. Ryan Streb, senior, also said Snapchat was his favorite and added, “it allows me to see what my friends are doing every day.”

Many more social media platforms are being used daily and growing in popularity. It’s shown that Facebook has billions of users and easily comes out on top. While it may seem like social media is at the peak of its popularity, it is only growing with time. It has become a large part of both teen and adult lives and has help to shape  the world into the digitally driven society that it is today.

Kaitlyn McCarthy, Junior Staff Writer

Just starting her junior year at Hubbard High School, Kaitlyn McCarthy is a second-year returning HUB staff member. She hopes the HUB will give her...

• HHS Top Social Media Apps

News

Career Crunch Time

• HHS Top Social Media Apps

News

Cosby’s Epic End: America’s Dad in Disgrace

• HHS Top Social Media Apps

News

What’s so Bad about Antibacterial Soap?

• HHS Top Social Media Apps

News

Musical Background Enhances Student Performance In High School

• HHS Top Social Media Apps

News

Immigrant Caravans Create Controversy

• HHS Top Social Media Apps

News

Could High School Behavior Affect a Future Career?

• HHS Top Social Media Apps

News

The Scoop on Being Scared

• HHS Top Social Media Apps

News

Dunkin’ Title Drops the Donuts: “Do-nut” Worry

• HHS Top Social Media Apps

News

The History of Halloween

• HHS Top Social Media Apps

News

The History of Hubbard Schools

HHS Top Social Media Apps