HHS Top Social Media Apps

Kaitlyn McCarthy, Junior Staff Writer

Social media is one of the most used and influential platforms of the teen and adult  generations. Each and every day, billions of people worldwide use social media to check on friends, post pictures, or even find answers to the nightly homework assignment. Social media is used so often, it’s hard to live and communicate without it. After surveying several students at Hubbard High School, a list was made to show the top-five most used social media platforms today.

Facebook began the social media craze and remains the most popular social media platform. According to statista.com, “Facebook receives activity from over 2.2 billion users monthly.” The second most popular social media site is Instagram. “I love seeing all the memes on my Instagram; they brighten up my day,” says junior Sydney Ford. Another extremely popular site is Twitter. This platform’s popularity has increased immensely due to President Trump’s constant tweets.  Sophomore Anna Pogacnik, says she loves Twitter basically because of Trump: ”I love reading all of his irrational tweets.” Twitter only continues to grow.

The fourth and fifth picks were very close, but Pinterest won by a thread for fourth place. “I use Pinterest for recipes, high quality pictures of my favorite music artists, and craft ideas,” says junior Abbey Hetmanski. Snapchat comes in as the fifth most used social media site, as it’s used mostly by older teenagers and young adults. “I enjoy Snapchat because it is a great way to capture the moments. Oh and the filters! Who doesn’t love the filters?” Said sophomore Marcus Lawrence. Ryan Streb, senior, also said Snapchat was his favorite and added, “it allows me to see what my friends are doing every day.”

Many more social media platforms are being used daily and growing in popularity. It’s shown that Facebook has billions of users and easily comes out on top. While it may seem like social media is at the peak of its popularity, it is only growing with time. It has become a large part of both teen and adult lives and has help to shape  the world into the digitally driven society that it is today.

Kaitlyn McCarthy, Junior Staff Writer
  • Just starting her junior year at Hubbard High School, Kaitlyn McCarthy is a second-year returning HUB staff member. She hopes the HUB will give her a chance to write about interesting events and will help improve her writing skills altogether. She enjoys focusing on school events or activities. As this year progresses, Kaitlyn hopes people will love to read her articles as much as she likes to create them.
  • In school, Kaitlyn is enrolled in all honors classes, which keep her very busy. She is taking college credit plus classes both this year and the next. Along with being a part of the HUB staff, Kaitlyn is also an active member in Student Council, French Club, and yearbook. She is a sprinter for the track team. She hopes to continue and join more activities her senior year.
  • Kaitlyn would love to graduate maintaining her 3.8 GPA and an honors diploma. After high school, she plans to go to YSU for a career possibly in law or medicine. After taking classes at YSU, she plans to move south and begin her career. Kaitlyn is proud to be part of the 2018-2019 HUB staff and hopes her writing will be enjoyed by her fellow students.

• HHS Top Social Media Apps

News

Nike’s Decision Creates Protests

• HHS Top Social Media Apps

News

A Slice of Summer

• HHS Top Social Media Apps

News

Mature Reflections on Change at HHS

• HHS Top Social Media Apps

News

What is a Blood Moon?

• HHS Top Social Media Apps

News

The Painful Truth about College Tuition

• HHS Top Social Media Apps

News

Words of Wisdom for Freshmen

• HHS Top Social Media Apps

News

Painted Parking Spaces Highlight Student Creativity

• HHS Top Social Media Apps

News

Five Ways Teen can become Financially Savvy

• HHS Top Social Media Apps

News

Set the High School Alarm on Snooze

• HHS Top Social Media Apps

News

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle: What the Monarchy Means to America

HHS Top Social Media Apps