Spanish Dept. Boasts a New Addition

Corrine Teaberry, Senior Staff Writer

Hubbard High School has a new teacher for the 2017-2018 school year. Welcome Miss Shannon Street, the new Spanish I teacher, taking the place of Mrs. Linda Slater who retired last year.  This reporter interviewed Miss Street to find out a little about her background.

Before she was a teacher, Street was Salutatorian of her graduating class at Mathews High School. During her junior year, she attended a half day at YSU, and then a full day her senior year. Spanish was her best subject in high school, and she worked at a Mexican restaurant, which helped her become more fluent. Since Spanish was Miss Street’s best subject, she states that this inspired her to pursue a career featuring a foreign language.

Miss. Street originally wanted to major in political science and Spanish at YSU. After deciding that she wanted to teach, Street pursued her teaching degree from Notre Dame, and her master’s degree from Edinboro University. She then continued on to student teach at Liberty high school and taught at other local schools as well.  Street taught at Warren JFK for three years and McDonald for two, gaining more experience in interpreting. She also had the opportunity to study abroad for a summer in South America. While studying in Peru where Spanish is frequently spoken, Street gained even more experience, and had the chance to interact with many new people.  When I asked Miss. Street how she liked Hubbard so far she responded that  “she felt right at home” as if “I have been here for years.”

Currently Miss. Street is at Hubbard High school for only the first half of the day, and in the afternoons teaches Spanish at McDonald High School. During her free time  Street enjoys time with her family and playing her guitar. She also stays busy taking care of her four-year-old son and is very involved in her church, playing guitar in their ensemble/ orchestra. Welcome, Miss Street!  The student body hopes that she enjoys the rest of her year at Hubbard High.

Corrine Teaberry, Senior Staff Writer
  • Corrine Teaberry is a senior at Hubbard High School, and this is her first year on the HUB Staff.  Corrine is looking forward to writing new articles and some day looking back on her work from high school. She hopes to show her passion for writing and what she has learned through her work on various subjects over the upcoming school year.
  • Corrine has taken many honors classes over her high school years, and is currently enrolled in the CCP English class. This, as well as working her two jobs at the Emerald Diner and Pizza Works, keeps her busy. Corrine is also involved in several other extracurriculars. These include the Ecology, French, and ASL Clubs. She is also an active member of the Bard, SADD, FEA, Rotary, and Student Council. Corrine has maintained to do well in school despite her very busy schedule.
  • Corrine hopes to graduate next spring with honors and at least a 3.8 GPA. After graduation, she hopes to attend YSU or Kent State to pursue a career in a field that’s still undetermined. Corrine looks forward to being a writer on the HUB staff and interesting her fellow students through her coverage.
  • Spanish Dept. Boasts a New Addition

Teacher/Student Features

Hubbard Welcomes New Staff and Administrator

• Spanish Dept. Boasts a New Addition

Teacher/Student Features

What Makes a Good Teacher?

• Spanish Dept. Boasts a New Addition

Teacher/Student Features

Senior Class Update One: Thoughts on the Future

• Spanish Dept. Boasts a New Addition

Teacher/Student Features

Secret Santa-Class of 2019

• Spanish Dept. Boasts a New Addition

Teacher/Student Features

An Educational Legacy: Tribute to Mrs. Linda Slater

• Spanish Dept. Boasts a New Addition

Teacher/Student Features

The Skinny on the Cell Phone Policy

• Spanish Dept. Boasts a New Addition

Teacher/Student Features

New School Year Brings New Rules

• Spanish Dept. Boasts a New Addition

Teacher/Student Features

HHS October Rotary Students of the Month

• Spanish Dept. Boasts a New Addition

Teacher/Student Features

Rotary Recognizes September Honorees

• Spanish Dept. Boasts a New Addition

Teacher/Student Features

A Weightlifting Wonder

Spanish Dept. Boasts a New Addition