Lady Eagles Volleyball Opens Season Strongly

Giovanna Hosack, Sophomore Staff Writer

Helen Keller once said “Alone, we can do so little; together we can do so much.” This quote was recited by junior Hannah Roose to create excitement and reiterate the need for a team approach on and off the volleyball court. Displaying positive attitudes and enthusiasm in the locker room as well as getting pumped up on the court to show the opposing team what Hubbard High School’s Volleyball Team is all about is something the team does before each game, and this routine is paying off as the Lady Eagles remain undefeated at this point in the season.

The team believes that hard work and dedication can help them achieve the goal of winning the title of District Champions this season. Junior Varsity captain Bridgette Burris states, “If we have our minds set to it, we can do anything.” Throughout each game, the actions the captains and each team member make help to keep all players pushing for their team goals. The players also help each other to meet their academic goals, whether it be assisting with homework or studying together for a test.

A team effort to rally with passion, cheering for aces, blocks, and spikes, help the players on the court stay energized and eager to perform to the best of their ability. The Varsity Captain, Kristen Fanndrich remarks, “As a captain, my role is to keep everyone focused on our goal of winning.” Kristen is keeping her eye on the prize to work hard and achieve the district title. Junior Varsity captains Bridgette Burris and Hannah Roose have a goal of trying to go as far as they can this year to maintain a record of all wins. Their leadership skills to encourage their teammates on and off the court are “to treat people, coaches, and other players with respect as well as helping our team remain confident this volleyball season.”

With high expectations this year, the captains and the rest of the team are hoping to achieve their goals and triumph with victory, and they are doing just that, recently defeating Canfield in one of their biggest game of the season.

Giovanna Hosack, Sophomore Staff Writer
Giavanna Hosack is an excelling and involved sophomore at Hubbard High School. She is a first-year HUB staff member and wants to continue writing in her junior and senior years at Hubbard High School.  Giavanna joined the HUB Staff because of her interest in and love of writing and to showcase her writing abilities.  She...
  • Lady Eagles Volleyball Opens Season Strongly

Sports

National Championship Game 2018

Sports

Boys Basketball Sets Season Goals

Sports

Lady Eagles Basketball Preview

Sports

HHS Boys Soccer Welcomes Talented Czech Player

Sports

Cheerleaders Display Talent and Determination

Sports

Eagles Football Sets 2017 Season Goals

Sports

The World Series Hits Home

Sports

Soccer Soars High into the Season

Sports

NBA Preview

Sports

Lady Eagles Soccer: Playing with your Heart is the Key