Hubbard Senior Athletes Commit

Hubbard Senior Athletes Commit

Jacob Gulu, Senior Staff Writer

Over the years Hubbard has had many athletes go on to play at the next level. The class of 2022 is one of the many classes to have multiple athletes from different sports make it to the next level. As of right now, the class of 2022 has seven athletes committed to playing in college. When the time comes, HHS will have athletes playing at multiple levels, whether it be Division 1, 2, 3, or even NAIA. Let’s learn a little about the bright future of some of these Hubbard athletes. 

The first two female athletes deserving recognition are Grace Narkum and Haley Croyle. They lead the way for female athletes with both of them being signed to Division 1 programs. Narkum is signed to Cleveland State University as an outfielder, and Croyle is signed to the University of Akron as a pitcher. When asked about her plans for college, Grace stated: “My plan is to study in the nursing field and find an occupation in surgery or trauma.”   Narkum is a standout softball player and student, so her future looks promising. Following these girls are two other softball players: Alexis Najdusak and Gillian Ryser. Najdusak is committed to the University of Pittsburgh-Bradford as a utility (Someone who plays multiple positions) and Ryser is committed to Baldwin Wallace as a first baseman. This means that every softball senior is committed to play in college, a pretty impressive accomplishment.  The only other commit is the lone volleyball player Paige Reed. Reed is committed to Penn State Shenago. She will join the Lady Nittany Lions who are members of the Pennsylvania State University Athletic Conference and compete against 14 other PSU schools. Reed hopes to make Hubbard proud with her next athletic endeavor.  

The football team has two players committed as of right now and multiple players with offers who have yet to commit. As of right now the two commits are TC Caffey and Tommy Seese. Caffey is committed to continue his career at The Ohio State University. This HHS talented athlete has broken many school records and will be remembered as one of the best running backs in HHS’s football program’s history. When asked about his college goals, Caffey states: “My goals for college are to go in and prove myself as one of the best running backs and to play as a freshman.” All eyes will be on Caffey to see if he can accomplish his goals and make Hubbard proud. Seese is committed to Grove City as a fullback. He was part of the offensive line that helped break many school records. He was the starting center for the HHS playoff qualifying team this past season, and he will join the Presidents’ Athletic Conference. These two standout athletes lead the way for both the football and other male commits. 

At this time, these seven are the only athletes committed so far. However, there are plenty of athletes yet to commit. Those in sports Including football, track, soccer, swimming and basketball  must still make a decision. Congrats to all these athletes, and the athletes yet to commit. Look for a revisit in the spring, and go Eagles!