Teen’s Fav Choice is Chick-fil-A

Melody Castner, Junior Staff Writer

Chick-fil-A is known for its famous chicken sandwiches and delicious waffle fries, but why is this chain so recognizable and such a popular choice? Is it because of the various chicken choices, the delicious breakfast menu, or the endless sauce selections?  Many wonder why Chick-fil A is one of the most recognized fast food chain among teenagers. According to online sources, the research firm Piper Jaffry conducted a 2017 bi-annual survey given to 5,500 teens with the average age of 16 to see which fast food chain they liked the most. Chick-fil-A pulled out in front with Starbucks trailing behind, which had held the top spot for quite some time.

Additionally, this particular fast food restaurant pulls in more revenue than any other chain, even though they are open only six days a week.  “Chick-fil-A’s average sales per restaurant in 2016 were $4.4 million, according to a new report from QSR magazine. Its fried-chicken competitor KFC sold $1.1 million per restaurant that year.”  A significant difference, anyone would say.

Most reviewers claim that Chick-fil A is so well recognized because of their dedicated, kind and hardworking staff, the cleanliness, and the fast service. They welcome all guests with a smile and are ready to help at any time. HHS’s Junior Hanna Roose states: “Chick-fil-A has the most generous workers for a fast food restaurant”!  The atmosphere smacks more of a full service restaurant than it does a fast food joint.

Some teens say chick-Fil-A is as good as it gets when it comes to fast food. Junior Gabby Torok labels Chick-fil-A as her favorite fast food restaurant. “I like that the food is more appealing than other fast food places, and there are a variety of healthy options to choose from,” she explained.  Junior Ramiah Givens enjoys going to Chick-Fil-A as well.  She states: “the employees are very kind, and the chicken is crispy and delicious”.

The food production company is particular about their chicken as well, sources explain. Chick-fil-A does not use any antibiotics ever, and they promise the customers that all the chicken is raised cruelty free.  Workers hand bread the chicken breasts, then fry them in refined peanut oil to get the perfect taste and crispness. Junior Lilly Kish likes Chick-Fil-A because “they have the best chicken nuggets in the world”!

The students at Hubbard High agree. Chick-fil-A is one of the favorites among all students. This chain is popular across the nation for countless reasons, another one being the company’s values. They are closed on Sundays to set aside worship time for the employees and customers if they chose to do so.

So in addition to moral awareness, teens appreciate the fact that the food is also delicious and always hits the spot; the tables and restrooms are spotless, and the employees are so friendly. Chick-fil-A has the motto of “eat mor chikin” so how could anyone resist?

http://www.businessinsider.com/why-chick-fil-a-is-so-successful-2017-8

https://thechickenwire.chick-fil-a.com/Inside-Chick-fil-A/No-Antibiotics-Ever-Chick-fil-As-Commitment-Charts-New-Territory

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/09/survey-shows-what-teens-like-chic-fil-a-starbucks-amazon-and-nike.html

Melody Castner, Editor-in-Chief
  • Entering her senior year at Hubbard high school, Melody Castner is returning to the HUB as Editor-in-Chief this year. Melody joined the HUB because she is interested in sharing her thoughts with her peers and wants to improve her writing ability. Melody hopes to write about topics that interest both her and the students at Hubbard High School.
  • An engaged student, Melody likes to be involved in many clubs and other activities. She is a member of National Honors Society and a part of the SADD, Ecology, French, Future Educators of America, and Rotary Interact clubs. A dedicated student as well, Melody will be taking three CCP classes this year: calculus, French, and writing. Along with academics, Melody is a member of the school’s marching band and plays the clarinet. Outside of school, this senior enjoys volunteering and racing in soap box derby competitions. She has been a national and world champion in the past, and has been racing soap box derby for 12 years; she loves competing in the sport.
  • Melody hopes to maintain her 4.0 GPA throughout high school and graduate with honors. Following graduation, she plans to attend Youngstown State University to further her education, earning a degree as a chemical engineer or she will pursue something in the medical field. Melody is looking forward to the challenge of writing articles for her fellow peers and hopes to build a following.

• Teen’s Fav Choice is Chick-fil-A

Student Life

Band’s Performance Shows Musical Pride

• Teen’s Fav Choice is Chick-fil-A

Student Life

ACT vs. SAT: Which Test to Take?

• Teen’s Fav Choice is Chick-fil-A

Student Life

Fave Musical Genres at HHS

• Teen’s Fav Choice is Chick-fil-A

Student Life

Valentine’s Day: Expectations vs. Reality

• Teen’s Fav Choice is Chick-fil-A

Student Life

Particular Points on Pizza

• Teen’s Fav Choice is Chick-fil-A

Student Life

Senior Points to Ponder as Graduation Approaches

• Teen’s Fav Choice is Chick-fil-A

Student Life

Which High School Clique Classifies You?

• Teen’s Fav Choice is Chick-fil-A

Student Life

Ten Ways to Cope with Peer Pressure

• Teen’s Fav Choice is Chick-fil-A

Student Life

The True Nature of Acceptance

• Teen’s Fav Choice is Chick-fil-A

Student Life

Good Application/Scholarship Essay can guarantee College Acceptance

Teen’s Fav Choice is Chick-fil-A