Teen’s Fav Choice is Chick-fil-A

Back to Article
Back to Article

Teen’s Fav Choice is Chick-fil-A

Melody Castner, Junior Staff Writer

Chick-fil-A is known for its famous chicken sandwiches and delicious waffle fries, but why is this chain so recognizable and such a popular choice? Is it because of the various chicken choices, the delicious breakfast menu, or the endless sauce selections?  Many wonder why Chick-fil A is one of the most recognized fast food chain among teenagers. According to online sources, the research firm Piper Jaffry conducted a 2017 bi-annual survey given to 5,500 teens with the average age of 16 to see which fast food chain they liked the most. Chick-fil-A pulled out in front with Starbucks trailing behind, which had held the top spot for quite some time.

Additionally, this particular fast food restaurant pulls in more revenue than any other chain, even though they are open only six days a week.  “Chick-fil-A’s average sales per restaurant in 2016 were $4.4 million, according to a new report from QSR magazine. Its fried-chicken competitor KFC sold $1.1 million per restaurant that year.”  A significant difference, anyone would say.

Most reviewers claim that Chick-fil A is so well recognized because of their dedicated, kind and hardworking staff, the cleanliness, and the fast service. They welcome all guests with a smile and are ready to help at any time. HHS’s Junior Hanna Roose states: “Chick-fil-A has the most generous workers for a fast food restaurant”!  The atmosphere smacks more of a full service restaurant than it does a fast food joint.

Some teens say chick-Fil-A is as good as it gets when it comes to fast food. Junior Gabby Torok labels Chick-fil-A as her favorite fast food restaurant. “I like that the food is more appealing than other fast food places, and there are a variety of healthy options to choose from,” she explained.  Junior Ramiah Givens enjoys going to Chick-Fil-A as well.  She states: “the employees are very kind, and the chicken is crispy and delicious”.

The food production company is particular about their chicken as well, sources explain. Chick-fil-A does not use any antibiotics ever, and they promise the customers that all the chicken is raised cruelty free.  Workers hand bread the chicken breasts, then fry them in refined peanut oil to get the perfect taste and crispness. Junior Lilly Kish likes Chick-Fil-A because “they have the best chicken nuggets in the world”!

The students at Hubbard High agree. Chick-fil-A is one of the favorites among all students. This chain is popular across the nation for countless reasons, another one being the company’s values. They are closed on Sundays to set aside worship time for the employees and customers if they chose to do so.

So in addition to moral awareness, teens appreciate the fact that the food is also delicious and always hits the spot; the tables and restrooms are spotless, and the employees are so friendly. Chick-fil-A has the motto of “eat mor chikin” so how could anyone resist?

http://www.businessinsider.com/why-chick-fil-a-is-so-successful-2017-8

https://thechickenwire.chick-fil-a.com/Inside-Chick-fil-A/No-Antibiotics-Ever-Chick-fil-As-Commitment-Charts-New-Territory

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/09/survey-shows-what-teens-like-chic-fil-a-starbucks-amazon-and-nike.html

Melody Castner, Editor-in-Chief

Entering her senior year at Hubbard high school, Melody Castner is returning to the HUB as Editor-in-Chief this year. Melody joined the HUB because...

• Teen’s Fav Choice is Chick-fil-A

Student Life

Social Media: Are We Addicted?

• Teen’s Fav Choice is Chick-fil-A

Student Life

It’s a Small World After All

• Teen’s Fav Choice is Chick-fil-A

Student Life

What Characteristics Make the Perfect Student?

• Teen’s Fav Choice is Chick-fil-A

Student Life

Five Dangerous Teen Trends

• Teen’s Fav Choice is Chick-fil-A

Student Life

Band’s Performance Shows Musical Pride

• Teen’s Fav Choice is Chick-fil-A

Student Life

ACT vs. SAT: Which Test to Take?

• Teen’s Fav Choice is Chick-fil-A

Student Life

Fave Musical Genres at HHS

• Teen’s Fav Choice is Chick-fil-A

Student Life

Valentine’s Day: Expectations vs. Reality

• Teen’s Fav Choice is Chick-fil-A

Student Life

Particular Points on Pizza

• Teen’s Fav Choice is Chick-fil-A

Student Life

Senior Points to Ponder as Graduation Approaches

Teen’s Fav Choice is Chick-fil-A