Mallory Greenamyer: HHS Top 20 under Twenty Award Winner

Sidney Marenkovic, Senior Staff Writer

Mallory Greenamyer, a senior at Hubbard High School, is the newest Hubbard High School student to receive the Twenty Under 20 Award, a prestigious honor given to twenty eligible Trumbull County high school students under 20 years old. Students are evaluated based on 50% leadership, 25% academic achievement, and 25% extracurricular activities. Mallory has exhibited outstanding qualities in all three categories, and her academic achievements along with community outreach have proved her to be a deserving recipient of this award. 

Throughout her four years of high school, Mallory has taken all honors and college credit courses while also being involved in many school clubs and extracurricular activities. Mallory is a part of the French, Ecology and Art Clubs, SADD, and is a member of NHS and NAHS; she also writes for the HUB news site. Along with these clubs, Mallory has held various Student Council positions since her freshman year of high school including class representative and senior class historian. One of Mallory’s most selfless contributions to Hubbard High School is her position as a Link Crew Leader. Mallory says, “Link Crew has meant a great deal to me. It has shown me the outcomes of students having a kind peer. I try to make underclassmen comfortable transitioning into high school.” While Mallory cherishes the moments she has had with younger students, it is easy to say that Mallory’s position in the Link Crew program has proved her character in the category of leadership. 

Outside of  Mallory’s contributions to her high school, she has also made a lasting impact within her community. Beginning her freshman year, Mallory volunteered at track meets, blood drives, and community  events including the Taste of Hubbard and the Taste of the Valley. Mallory has also put her artistic skills to use in making holiday cards for nursing homes and painting a mural at the city building. Additionally, she volunteers weekly at a local animal shelter. Mallory states, “Volunteering at Animal Appeal has opened my eyes to the help that some businesses and the animals they care for need. I feel that I’ve made a difference in at least a few animals’ lives while I have volunteered there.” The Twenty Under 20 Award is given strictly to students who are dedicated to their community. Mallory has lent a helping hand and shown passion to her community, making her an honorable recipient of this award.